Saturday 10 December 2011

My Work from First Year

Now that I've posted my work from 2nd year, i thought i'd better add in my work from first year. When i was in my last year at academy i decided to apply for art school at Gray's school of Art in Aberdeen and Heriot Watt, I got into both but decided to choose Heriot Watt for it's reputation in textiles and also because i knew i wanted to go straight into textiles. At Gray's you did a general first year and so you could try your hand at everything from jewellery design to graphic design.
At Heriot Watt I did a general course in textiles and fashion - the classes I took were Introduction to print, knit, weave, skirt design and making, drawing for textiles, CAD for fashion, CCS (contemporary and contextual studies) and textiles 2 (the technical side to fabrics). I loved first year! it was really fun.
Drawing for textiles - i did a pen and ink drawing of the vintage dresses from the uni's archive and then went over it with oil pastels.

vintage dress in gouache paint


Two ink drawings of the dresses with the paper creations we had to make inspired by the drawings. i found my love for sewing with paper!

my favourite paper creation

my final top fronts for print



my interior square for print

Back of skirt i made

front of skirt and drawing
my knitting sketchbook
Add caption
Fashion illustration
Final Fashion illustration of my dress
My weaving inspired by parrots
Knitting <3

my studio space wall






No comments:

Post a Comment