Thursday 8 March 2012

Tilda Doll!

I took a trip to Hobby Craft and saw a box collection of Tilda dolls books:
I then bought it on Amazon. When I was in the Young Embroiderers guild we made a cushion cover with one of her angels on the front and I loved the style but didn't know who the designer was. I then tried making a doll - this is my unfinished first attempt:
Sample doll - the arms and apron is wrong.

Doll and book

Doll and book again
I'm pleased with it so far, just need to do some tweeking with the stitching and paint on the shoes, face and embroider the hair =] On Sunday I am going on a trip to London with Uni and then on Thursday I am going to Northern Ireland for my Granny's 80th! I cant wait for both but I am a little nervous about getting lost in London! But seeing the fabric shops and the designers studios should be great :D
.x...X........xX..x...

1 comment:

  1. Erin, your doll is lovely and I know that when you are finish she will be incredible. When it comes to art . . . never work for perfection. Perfection and art are mortal enemies. Art needs to come from the soul, with it's little dimples and pimples that make life what it is. Free!!! I really like your yarn balls, too. I am honored to be your first follower. Keep making art. My advice is let yourself be free and never, never, never get into a mold that others would put you in. Rules might be needed in our daily living, but never in our art. Connie :)
    If you have time come on over for a visit and follow my blog.

    ReplyDelete