Thursday 15 December 2011

3/5 Bird House! :O

Hello! Next cross stitch tag DONE! It's of a sweet little robin ontop of his bird house. (Look at my two previous posts for my other cross stitch tags). Unfortunately i've been lazy and these three tags i have done are the easiest/simplest designs, so it might take me 2 days each for the last three.
Today's theme is of course bird houses and birds :o Here are some cute little pics :

After searching a bit on the internet i've found one of my favourite textile artists Frieda Oxenham on blogspot :D you should have a look. I also found surface designer Naomi Obbard who has some lovely birdboxes:
This chillingly sad photo in Frieda's post about a crows dead corpse is, although slightly disturbing, has many textural qualities that is a little surprising how nature can create something so beautiful and delicate but so sad. I love her quilts that she embrioders and embelishes, i think its so cool her collaging of text and image. check it out:
By Frieda Oxenham
I found these images ages ago and i thought they were cool:

I cant remember where they are from though =[
More images of birds in art and fabric:
I love this really sweet/vintage looking pincushion!

Painting by Magritte

Painting by Chagall - my artist i was given for my next semester!
I've tried my hand at Crewel Work - and it certainly is cruel! it takes ages and you have to do a lot of straight stitches very precisely and very close satin stitches for it to look right!
I will try and find some examples of my crewel work i did at some point. And now to leave with my favourite song/poem by Robbie Burns:
Flow Gently Sweet Afton

Flow gently, sweet Afton! among thy green braes,
Flow gently, I'll sing thee a song in thy praise;
My Mary's asleep by thy murmuring stream--
Flow gently, sweet Afton, disturb not her dream.
Thou stock-dove, whose echo resounds thro' the glen;
Ye wild whistling blackbirds in yon thorny den;
Thou green-crested lapwing, thy screaming forbear--
I charge you disturb not my slumbering fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment