Sunday 18 December 2011

Christmas in textiles x

Hello again! As I had predicted the pack didn't give me enough thread to make the 6th and final Christmas tag. I think I'm done with my cross stitching frenzy for a while. I think I will try making some fairy slippers as seen in my last post.
For now you will have to be content with seeing some pictures of a few previous Christmas crafts I have made (there is not many as I hate Christmas crafts having done them this time of year nearly all my childhood!) and then you can goggle at my finished Christmas tags together!
Hand embroidered and stitched together snowman

Hand embroidered Santa's Elf =] he's my favourite

Back of elf - a woman came to the Young Embroiderers Guild when i used to be a member, and she created beautiful dolls and did a workshop with us to make elfs and santas. I wished I'd written her name down...


Xmas tree - very simple i couched on gold thread for tinsel.












OK ok.... they are not beautiful, these are my experiment to see how to make the fairy slippers. I used selotape and Christmas wrapping paper! I might try again tomorrow.

Finally a picture of my dogs paw prints in the garden <3 I used the "Fresco" filter on photoshop.

....X..x.........Thanks for reading =] ....x..X.........

No comments:

Post a Comment