Tuesday 19 June 2012

2/5 Soldier Bib


Two weeks ago I finally did my Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award - Residential (for the award you have to do 4 nights and 5 days away from home volunteering). I went to Glen Markie Riding Centre with my friend and for the 5 days we learnt how to saddle a horse, brush and groom them, clean them out, tack them and lead them into the field. it was great :D I don't want my own horse though as they are so much work!
Me and Brandy

For the residential section you have to learn a new skill and meet people, i learnt so many things and met lots of the other volunteers that help at the stable and met all the riders that came in each day.
For the Gold award you need to also do 1 year of voluntary work - I haven't started that yet! 1 year or 1/2 a year doing a skill - i did creative embroidery. 1 year or 1/2 a year doing a physical activity - I did fitness activities where about every month i would change to do a different activity as I hate almost all sports so didn't want to stick to the same one!
Me and Gowrie

You also have to do that dreaded expedition that lasts 4 days and 3 nights and you have to have a reason for going e.g. you want to look at the environment for a rare bird. I did my silver and bronze award and they are 3 days and 2 days so they aren't as bad, but i hate walking with the huge rug sack so I haven't pushed myself to do the expedition yet!
Me and Brandy (again)

So in a year i will be finished my award which is great because a member of the royal family present it to you!
Me on Gillus and Abby on Smartie

Which brings me to The Queen's Jubilee! I didn't get to celebrate it because I was with the Horses :P but here was a cute T-shirt I bought with a pug wearing a Union Jack Flag Ribbon:
And here's me wearing the Cath Kidston Soldier Skirt whilst i was on a walk with Meg my cocker spaniel :D

I also finished my second bib a bit too late for the Jubilee. I'm not sure what i will do with the 2 bibs I've made.
..X.x.X..Xx..X..x..

No comments:

Post a Comment