Friday 29 June 2012

Home is where the Heart is!

I've done some googling and I found some nice use of embroidery for decorating the home with:
Chain stitches to create the pretty vintage looking embroidery.

Cross stitches with use of spacing to make a different look to the old stitch.
I then created this embroidery :


Close up =]
I used chain stitches for the heart, split stitch for the lettering, back stitch for the house and the people, and running stitch for the pavement. The fabric I used was some canvas fabric that my Great Auntie gave me (she is an artist and was going to use it to paint on I think).
Here is my straps that I bought and mentioned in my previous post:


 And here is the straps I made, I will wear them to the wedding I'm going to this summer, to see some of the things I'll be wearing check out my post on it Here:
 Last night I didn't know what to do since I'd finished the bibs and the straps and so I tidied out all the threads I had and found a bead box to put them in:
 It looks so pretty don't you think? It also looks a bit OCD but hey I was bored!
.x.Xx..XxX..xXx..X.




1 comment:

  1. Love "home is where the heart is" very cute embroidery! Reminded me of a Mcfly song becuase they sing that in their lyrics.

    ReplyDelete