Monday 20 August 2012

Interior Decorating

I have less than two weeks before I move into the new flat for Uni! Im going into third year at Heriot Watt University (Studying design for textiles). I'm trying to get ready for that and also the summer project we have to do (which is a little confusing!).
I Love You Pillow (one end still needs to be stuffed more and sewn up!)
But I've sort of combined my research for interiors with creating stuff for the flat. I've gone for a pink/beige/white cutesy look for my room.
Close up of pillow
I bought a beautiful rug from John Lewis 100% cotton and it has a lovely jacquard floral pattern in it, but once I got it home I found out it was just a huge pillow case! So i've unpicked the seams EVERYWHERE - it really was well made :L - and I've finally got it looking like the lovely blanket it should have been =]
2nd Close up of pillow
Today I also made a lovely pillow saying I Love You on it - on each letter I used a different stitch/medium so that it all looked different I'm very pleased with it, plus it also goes with a little embroidery I made last night:


 It also coincidently goes with my other embroidery I completed a month ago:



More pics to come soon :D
..X..x.X.x.X..x...x.X..x..

No comments:

Post a Comment