Friday 11 October 2013

Sir Walter Scott

My project is loosely based around Sir Walter Scott - a famous Scottish poet and novelist from the Scottish Borders. His house is between Melrose and Galashiels and is beautiful! It has lovely embroideries, books and decorative plates around the rooms.
My main inspiration is beautiful plates and the patterns in them. I also want to use some quotes from his poetry.
Crochet cashmere plate, printed onto paper and then screen printed with a flower.

Photocopy of crochet plate with screen printed drawing on top.

Abbotsford House

Embroidery at the House.
Tomorrow I will be going to an embroidery class at the House! I am excited we will learn blackwork, silkwork and other historical techniques! We also get lunch =]
I will write a post afterwards - with pictures! Hopefully I will learn alot and can put it into my uni project - we are about to start the fabric development class.

Xx.Xx..X.x..X.x..X.x.X..x.X

No comments:

Post a Comment