Friday 14 December 2012

Uni Comp and Black Milk

Happy because of Exciting news!!
Yesterday was a great day for me because I found out my work for the jumpers project has won 2nd prize!! The competition was between the 3rd year knitting class about 7 students) and the 3rd year print class (about 15 students). We were told at the begining of the year that there would be one winner whos choosen design would be used in the companys collection.
Yesterday we found out that 3 printers and 3 knitters won!
AND I CAME 2ND FOR THE PRINTERS :D
The girl who came first for the printers had designs for mens jumpers with lines and overlaying printed textures on the sleeve and body.
My work came 2nd with the crochet embellished and printed jumpers for womens wear.
The girl who came 3rd had digitaly printed designs that were black and had fruits and flowers and embellished gold trims.

My friend won 1st prize for the knitters, her designs were for womens wear and were browns with interesting knitted patterns in tonal coloured yarns.
The girl who came 2nd did menswear with knitted stripes with triangles knitted in.
The girl who came third did interesting cable knits and miss stitches in her knitting.

The two with 1st prize get £250
The two with 2nd prize get £100 - which is great but I think thats probobly how much I spent on all the materials and jumpers I bought for the project :L

Then all of us get our work in a private presentation, and one design from each of us is made as full garments and sold! we all each get a 2-4 week work experience placement there :D Im so happy!
Sorry for not giving pictures of others work.

I'm also very excited because I got my Black Milk clothes today! They had a big sale on a few weeks ago - everything was half price!
I bought the fairy book leggings and cathedrale dress:


Leggings

Cathedrale Dress

Cathedrale Print
Black Milk's clothing are so cool! I think they digitally print their designs which is why the prints are so clear and amazing!! :D I cant wait to go out in these :D More modelling pics to come soon :D:D x
..x..X.x..X.x.X..x.X.x.X...X..x.X.x...x.X..x..

No comments:

Post a Comment