Wednesday 26 December 2012

Christmas Pud Hat

After wreath making and carol singing in Duthee Park in Aberdeen I spotted a little baby wearing a knitted Christmas pudding hat. And I thought CUTE! And also I want one! But being more of a crocheter than a knitter I got home and made myself a hat!
But first here are my wreaths I made by winding willow branches together to make a heart shape (I was trying to be different) I used holly leaves and pine branches. I then wanted to make some sweet plain wreaths so made two small white willow ones rather than the red willow ones used in the big heart wreath.
Failed attempt at a heart shaped wreath (sorry I cant rotate the image!)

Front view of heart wreath

Willow small wreath (sorry I cant rotate the picture)
 Here is a picture of where I think the mother of the baby got the hat from itsnotonthemarket.com :
Inspiration

My hat! Done with a 4.00mm crochet needle and double crocheted in the round first with white DK yarn and then changed to brown Rowan yarn. Then made a red cherry circle and crocheted it on the top and used a pattern I found on the internet for the 3 holly leaves.
Me modelling it

Top of Christmas Pudding hat
 Merry Christmas everyone! I got some yarn from a friend yesterday and decided to make a hat, it turned into a beret because I ran out of yarn. I used treble crochet in the round to make it and used a 4.00mm needle to make it.
Purple crochet beret hat

.. Xx.X.X..x.X.x.X..x.X.x..X.x..x..

No comments:

Post a Comment