Monday 30 January 2017

Changes and Endings

Today I went on a workshop on changing and endings.
OT Playdough
One task we were asked to do was create a situation from play dough of when we experienced and end in our life.
I used leaving my O.T. course as my ending. The first year was difficult, I was one of the few older students, everyone else was fresh from school roughly 18/19 year olds. I felt they were new or ready to be formed - like these balls of clay.
I used them all in an orderly fashion to spell out O.T. I am the blob in the corner left out, and already formed from my textile course and retail experience. Trying to be re-formed and readjusting to this new O.T. role.
Empty wrappers in a cup.

We also had to show a creative way of showing an change. For me, I thought about how I experience change. I usually cling on for dear life at the old way until its the very last second, not looking forward to the possible adventures in the future. Like this cup of sweet wrappers; focusing on what was, what I had, regretting quickly having the sweets, not thinking about the new full cup of sweets waiting for me to look for them. What the sweets could actually be, I'm not sure, anything really. Friendships, relationships, flats or courses.


..X..x.X..x.X..x.X....x.Xx.X..x.x.xX..

No comments:

Post a Comment