Sunday 3 August 2014

Our Lady Of Częstochowa




Well the excitement of London and graduation is over. I have completed my four year degree which I'm thrilled with... the only thing I am a little annoyed over is my grade. I lost my motivation after third year and so my 4th year work suffered. I still passed with a BA Hons though :D
Now I'm back in Aberdeen searching for my next turn in my life's path. Textiles has taken a little bit of a back seat so far, well that is until I found out about this competition  which the Catholic church are doing. We have to design and make our own icon of Our Lady of Częstochowa.
So I am embroidering my version.
Inspiration from pinterest.



My Golden Materials.



Begining of Jesus' halo with buttons and embroidery.

Finished halo - with a section of a poem I had written "You believe in not one thing, I in [everything]".



Close up of different stitches and buttons.


Stitching, holy medals and buttons.
I am just trying to put in my personality into the icon using small buttons and trinkets as well as meaningful words, holy medals and stitching. I'm not sure if I will finish in time but I will try and work on it everyday. I am thinking of adding in some quilting and padding too so that it will be very much a hand crafted piece and have many techniques in it.
...X.x..X..x..X.x..X..x..X..x...

No comments:

Post a Comment