Thursday 7 March 2013

YE Guild

My buisness card...

I am very happy right now! The Young Embroiderers Guild have increased the membership age from 18 to 24! I can join again for only £10 a year - great news for us students!
I have been asked to give a small interview and will feature on the front cover of their new magazine! Its great to share my knowledge with younger YE members and hopefully I will inspire them to take their hobby and talent further!
Also what's going on with my "career" prospects I have been doing some free lance designing with my mentor at uni. She knits samples (like small jumper fronts) and I print on them. They have just been sent of the London and then hopefully New York. Clients will then by the samples (fingers crossed!) and use it as a basis for the collections.
At the end of March I also will be exhibiting my work in Hawick very scary!!! But exciting as it might get me some connections in the textile industry...

Doing a really amazing project with a company called "Tiger Print" (they design cards etc for M&S) we have to design wrapping paper and gift bags - and we can choose whatever we like! I'm doing a lace/wedding theme.
Picture of the archive lace we have at uni
..X..x.X.x.X.x..X.x..Xx.X..

No comments:

Post a Comment